Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Wet


Thanks to one man’s blunder on national television, a new word was added to the lingo of the people.

For a long time, there was that awkward silence followed by a rush of words and finger signing promoted by a need to explain appropriately the relationship status when a guy who’s more than a boyfriend and less than a husband introduced some of us to his friends as “his woman”(– I shall get back to that phrase later on) that moment has ceased to exist! Now, Nigerian ladies can retain their composure, smile confidently and say, “he is my Oga at the top” in response to the (un)asked question.

Some days back, I wondered at the bizarre occurrence of dead cockroaches in compromising positions all over my house. Today, I got prove that although these animals might have a fondness for the dramatic in death, they are not gay.

This morning, I happened across two of them wavering on the banks of death. From their abdomen, I could tell they were both male. Feeling a little mischievous and inspired to ensure they did not feel alone as they danced to the shaking of the sheets, I placed one on top the other and went about my business.

On my way out this evening, I saw the roaches (now dead).
With their remaining strength, they summed up the energy to pull away from uncomfortable position I placed them in and proceeded to lay to rest on opposite sides of the corridor. The air about their corpses seemed to carry faint notes of the chant #nohomo#.

Except goats now have the intelligence to climb up a flight of spiraling stairs, gingerly step over lines of rat poison and pesticides, come to stop in front of their target and finally proceed to use their hooves to open trashcans and place the lids neatly beside the bin, I have reason to believe my trashcan is haunted!
With the fire invoking deliverance ministry and louder than life mosque not so far off, I will not be surprised if it happens that the demons they cast out come to seek refuge in my bin.

Man Men of the moment:

Last year, I was drooling all over Lynxx (Fine lady ft Wizkid), Wizboy (Fotojenik remix ft. Ikechukwu) and Psquare (Alingo) and concluded music meets hunka-hunka-burning lurv-edible men could not get any better.

Until I tuned my transistor radio and heard the song Three Wise Men (Ikon, Blackmagic, Blink) – B*stard.
Now beloved, I am presently experiencing a clear case of "the rethinks"!
Gobe (Davido), Tonight (Burna boy) and Eziokwu (Lynxx Ft. Ikechukwu, IllBliss & Phyno) have got me hankering for a degree in video editing just so I can blur out everyone, Photoshop me into the mix and have my wicked way with these luscious living lads!

Finally, this is not the entry for the week.
This entry is basically me, being herself and prompting you to be you too!

Shortly after this is the episode of one woman who jumped over the embers of doubts and "what if’s", scaled the walls of “I’d proceed tomorrow”, grabbed the opportunity bull by the balls and created a niche for herself.



http://thesecretlifeof678.blogspot.com/2013/04/suit.html

3 comments: