Tuesday, July 16, 2013

The fortieth


I watched with fascinating curiosity as this okada (motorbike) made its way towards me from a distance.
On the two wheeled vehicle was the rider of the bike (okada man), a youngish looking woman and two baskets.
One basket was positioned in front of the bike-man on top his engine at the helm. It was cradled between his outstretched hands and his spread thighs.
The woman carried the second basket.
The basket looked heavy but some how she managed to balance it on her left lap with one hand while using her other hand to hold on to a baby (presumably hers) snugly tied to her back with both a wrapper and receiving blanket. As the bike drew nearer, I noticed he was looking in my direction. His lips were moving. Realizing he caught me staring at him I decided to pay attention to what he was about. Without taking off his hands from the steering of the motorbike, he raised the index finger of his right hand and spoke to me again. This time, I heard him. He was saying “one chance” informing slash asking if I was interested in joining his moving party. I let out an incredulous gasp. Trying not to regard him with an open mouthed stare, I smiled sweetly and shook my head indicating I received his information but was not interested in signing up for his breakneck adventure on wheels. When he zoomed off disappointed at the loss of a potential ‘client’, I gave myself a well-deserved pat on the back for being able to ‘pin’ my lips together and not ask him if I was expected to seat on the ‘bicycle tires ’ or was he a learner?

Of love, stalkers and exotic emotions…

When they say to “follow who know road” I have serious reason to believe that they made love, lust and relationships exceptions to the above phrase.
From my experience, it turns out that the people most willing to give advise and tell you how to manage your ‘ships’ are the ones with the most problems – insecure, possessive, noncommittal, timid and obsessed human beings.
They ‘ginger’ you to live the life that they’d never in their wildest imaginations indulge in while perching on the fence like hungry vultures watching to see if you’d turn up _ _ _.
Kindda brings the book/movie – Dorian Gray to mind (Dorian Gray was this dude who was initially a good boy but got spoiled by ‘world people’. Along the way, he owned a painting which turned out to be ‘outer worldly ’ – possessing certain powers of sort that took the burnt for his trespasses. He remained clean, fresh and young while the picture got corrupted, decayed and old. The same ‘world people’ that robbed his of his innocence and encouraged him to stray now started to vex unto say im dey chop clean mouth and nothing dey do am so, they begun to seek a way to destroy him) in my opinion, when it comes to accounts and following; I am the one that gets hurt and destroyed by the 'actions' they encourage me to engage in (the picture) while they (Dorian Gray) remain intact and unaffected by their ‘wicked’ council.
At the end of the day they will say. “ I only gave an advise, I no say make you go do am!” – yeah right.


And [the lawyer], trying to justify himself, said to Jesus, ‘who is my neighbor?" (Luke 10:29)

Story of the good Samaritan asides from confirming that LOVE IS THE GREATEST thing of all makes mention of two popular biblical locations:

a) Jerusalem – the holy city and

b) Jericho – the sin city.

The traveler was going from Jerusalem to Jericho.
The priest was going from Jerusalem to Jericho.
The Levite was going from Jerusalem to Jericho.
The Samaritan as well was going from Jerusalem to Jericho but unlike the aforementioned persons, the Samaritan had a running tab at an inn somewhere along the road that was able to cater for the injured and downtrodden. Giving the impression that this was not the first seek and recovery mission the Samaritan had partaken in along the Jerusalem – Jericho road.

“You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do this and you will live.” (Luke 10:28)



No comments:

Post a Comment